While perfection is often an unattainable ideal, getting as close to it as possible should be the goal when planning your outdoor lighting. This is because you want to strike the right balance between functionality and decorative appeal. This might be hard to do, however, especially if you are not a person so inclined in the area of lighting or design. However, in accomplishing a well-lit exterior, you can at least make sure you invest in the best outdoor lights that will help you get the best results. To that end, you are already on the right track if you have chosen to use Solar Motion LED Solar Lights Outdoor. There are several benefits to using such lights compared to traditional types. These include the cost, brightness of the lights and how versatile they are. Still, there are a wide variety of these lights available both online and in department stores, all purporting to do the same things. As such, it may be a bit difficult to choose the best ones to suit your particular lighting needs. To help you out, here are a few things to look for when seeking the best outdoor lights.
– Solar Powered: With the cost of energy almost constantly on the increase, more and more persons have been tapping into the free power of the sun in order to facilitate their lighting and equipment needs. Outdoor lighting is one area that many are also using solar power for as sunlight is pretty abundant. It is quite appropriate for this purpose since the lights only need to be on during the night after storing solar energy during the day. No need to add to your electricity bill when you can power all your outdoor lights from just sunlight.
– They use LED Technology: LEDs (light emitting diodes) are the latest, most efficient and most versatile lights when it comes on to decorative and functional lighting and whether for indoors or outdoors. To begin with they require far less energy to produce the same amount of light as incandescent and fluorescent lights combined. This also results in these lights being cooler to the touch since most of the energy is converted to light rather than heat energy. On top of that, if you use LED solar lights outdoors, they will last much longer. There isn’t a comparison in this regard as incandescent bulbs, which are one of the most popular types used in outdoor lights, may last less than a thousand hours while LEDs may last more than 30,000 on the other hand. This amounts to not only less worry in terms of changing bulbs frequently but also making such lights safer to handle.
– Easily Installed: No one wants to have to be remodeling the house in order to install new lights. That may be the case if you have to hire an electrician and other building workers to install wires and fixtures just to install appropriate outdoor lights. There are LED solar lights, for instance, which do not require any form of preparatory or clean-up work to have them up and running. You simply need to buy the light, find a suitable spot to set up your solar panel and batteries and your light is good and ready to go. In any event, some of the lighting companies selling such lights even have tutorial videos to assist you with the process, regardless of how simple it is.
– Automatic Illumination/Motion Sensing: Using timers and PIR (passive infrared) sensors, the best outdoor lights can be set to come on when you want them and also to react to motion. This helps to boost your security lighting efforts by keeping your home lit even when no one is there and in the event that an intruder does manage to get on your property. A motion sensing light that has a high sensitivity and a wide span can startle the fiercest of ill-intentioned undesirables and also keep away stray animals.
– Portable: Whether you have a cabin in the woods, a remote workshop or you’re going on a camping trip, outdoor lights are often needed to improve both visibility and security. However, buying lights for everywhere you go can be daunting not to mention resulting in having too many lights. Portable LED solar lights outdoors can help to solve such an issue in that you can take them wherever the sun shines (which is basically everywhere above ground) and have enough light for your surroundings.
– Cost Effective: The cost of lighting runs into billions of dollars every year and as security concerns continue to rise, these costs will only get higher. Outdoor lights in particular, are very important in that they help to improve the safety and security of homes. This is because burglars and other criminals tend to gravitate to areas that have poor visibility. As such, outdoor lighting can be rather expensive in that persons want to cover the entirety of the exterior of their homes with bright lights. As you probably would have guessed by now, the most cost-effective outdoor lights are LED solar powered outdoor lights and it is not hard to see why. They save on money in several ways including the cost of energy, the cost of replacing bulbs and also the cost of installation.
Now that you know what to look for when buying the best outdoor lights, it should be easier for you to accomplish your lighting needs, regardless of whether you are a longtime homeowner or just moving into your first house.